We have two weekends earmarked so far for 2020:
21-22 March & 28-29 March
Our schools are limited to 8 people. Beginners, those who have some welding experience or those who are experienced and need access to the workshop and steel to complete a large project are all welcome. Everyone leaves with something incredible!
Please feel free to arrive at Moble on Friday evening prior to the school. Most people head off on Sunday afternoon, or you’re welcome to stay Sunday night.
Cost is $550 including tuition, workshop fees, accommodation, all meals and grog for the weekend.
Your finished product is weighed out at $6/kg which includes any balls, discs or scrolls you might use. To give you an idea, a 4ft garden seat is about 18kg.
Please bring long sleeved shirts, long trousers/jeans and boots.
We supply everything you need, but if you have some gear, please bring it along. Things that would be handy
- Welding gloves, helmet, safety glasses, earplugs
- Grinders (mostly use grinding discs)
- Any special steel you would like to incorporate into your piece
- Small portable welder, chipping hammer
- Inspiration, drawings, photographs, rough measurements for furniture if destined for specific places. But if you don’t know what you want to make, a short walk around the garden at Moble should get your creativity going!
It is very achievable for a beginner to make a garden seat in a weekend. Do not underestimate what you will be able to create!
If you would like to book a weekend of welding or find out more, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org